Tomorrow’s Forest Foundation
In our vision, ensuring the continuity of forests and their multiple protection functions, especially the protection of biodiversity, as well as their production role relies on fighting poverty in rural areas, education, research, development and innovation in forestry and the wood industry; also, the wood industry has an important role in the communities it operates and it can answer some of the community needs that aren’t met or are insufficiently covered by other types of organisations.
The mission of the Tomorrow’s Forest Foundation is to contribute to the protection and the responsible management of forests and the development of a sustainable forestry economy in Romania.
Our values are:
- transparency and openness to beneficiaries, partners, authorities, funders, media, with complete information on the organisation’s activities;
- participation as a community stakeholder, receiving information and suggestions from the communities where we operate; participation of members, volunteers, staff and board in the development of the organisation’s strategy, in implementation and the evaluation of the organisation’s activities;
- responsibility – meeting the obligations the organisation has from its statute, the organisation’s external relations with funders, volunteers, partners as well as the foundation’s beneficiaries;
- efficiency and effectiveness in the use of resources, aimed at meeting the foundation’s objectives;
- coherence – the organisation’s actions fit its mission.
The Governing Board is the central governing body of the foundation and it consists of:
Mr Michael Proschek-Hauptmann, President
Michael Proschek-Hauptmann is currently Head of Compliance and Sustainability at the Schweighofer Group and has been responsible for the compliance and sustainability agendas of the group since March 2017. Prior to his appointment at the Schweighofer Group, Michael Proschek-Hauptmann was managing director of the Austrian Umbrella Association of Environmental NGOs (Umweltdachverband) for more than eight years and also served as a long-standing member of the board of directors of the PEFCTM International forest certification label. He is a biologist by training and has been actively involved in the environmental, NGO and sustainability fields right from the very beginning of his career. Being the chair of an expert network for charity foundations in Austria (viel.anthropie), he has special expertise in this field.
Florin Dumbrava, Vice President
Florin Dumbrava is a law graduate, experienced in public administration and not-for-profit organisations (Director of the Mures County Social Assistance and Child Protection Department, Area Manager at Worldvision Romania), he has been working in the private sector the last 10 years, leading the legal department in several multinationals in different industries – retail, energy, wood processing.
Deucalion Hostina, Treasurer
Deo Hostina studied business administration and he is experienced in the private sector, in several industries (media, telecom, consumer goods, the wood industry) as finance controller, analyst and finance manager. He coordinates projects involving various resources at a national and multinational level.
The foundation’s executive director is Ionuț Apostol.
Ionut graduated from the Faculty of Geography and Geology at the “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iași and then worked for 15 years in environmental protection organizations. His activities focused mainly on the transition from fossil fuels to clean energy, and in recent years he added forest protection and responsible management of forests. He is in charge of the foundation’s operations, bringing to the team the perspective of someone who’s not a forestry engineer, but a nature lover nonetheless.
update coming soon